Ridgway Machines supply world class niche production equipment for non-metallic Oil & Gas pipelines manufacture (Reinforced Thermoplastic Pipe – RTP), Renewables, Power Generation and Nuclear Fusion (particularly superconducting magnets). Ridgway are looking to grow the business in the next few years and are looking for a strong Business Development Professional to join our team.
They will be highly motivated, forward-thinking and will lead Ridgway’s sales initiatives concentrating on the market development and sale of RTP manufacturing machinery/production lines. RTP sales are typically between £0.5M and £10M per contract and we are looking for someone who has past experience of working with these sales values.
The ideal candidate will be from the Oil and Gas industry. They will have a proven track record in selling capital equipment and experience in sales and contract negotiation. They will have previous history of working with companies worldwide and will be used to international travel.
Technical support will be provided by Ridgway’s Managing Director and Design Engineer.
Responsibilities will include a range of business activities including marketing, sale of products and services, nurturing relationships with customers and developing markets.
Core expertise to include:
- Oil industry experience.
- Development of commercial strategy to deliver sales revenue.
- Market analysis, segmentation and requirements capture.
- Business development strategy and plans.
- Strategic partnership development.
- Construction of compelling customer value propositions including bid management, negotiation and contract closure.
- Identification of new markets and establishment of new sales channels.
- Far horizon product strategy.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Increasing sales of RTP manufacturing equipment to drive business growth.
- Management of the RTP sales pipeline.
- Personally engage with the market including the identification of key decision makers.
- Increase revenue and profit across the business.
- Create and deliver the Ridgway business development strategy and plans.
- Understand local market behaviour, business legislation and customs regulations.
- Lead the marketing strategy and its implementation.
- Attend and man trade shows and events.
- Championing Ridgway as a world leader by attending trade conferences and public speaking at such events.
- Identify future market needs (new product offerings).
- Identify new potential markets (different end users and their needs).
- Travel worldwide to engage face to face with existing and potential customers.
- Participate as a core member of the senior management team.
Key personal characteristics:
- Confidence and charisma combined with excellent communication skills.
- Engaging personality – a natural social and business networker.
- Team player.
- Enthusiastic, tenacious and creative.
- “Can do” attitude.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being fully supported by the sales and design teams.
- Commercially astute.
Other useful attributes:
- Forecasting and budgeting capability.
- Knowledge of pipelines/RTP
- Past experience of working in the Middle East.
- Relevant qualifications.
- Experience with the MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with sales tools such as Sales Force, etc.
Negotiable salary package to include basic salary, bonus scheme, pension and private health cover.
Ridgway have a great facility in Leicester which offers easy access, comfortable working conditions and canteen with free drinks. Company clothing to suit the position is also provided.
Flexible working hours and locations (to be discussed and agreed).
This important position has the possibility to lead to equity in the company.