Ridgway Machines are looking for Mechanical Fitters to join us at our factory in Leicester, UK. This is a superb opportunity to work as a part of the production team. You will be building Taping and Winding products in line with new and existing designs.
You will work as part of a dynamic and supportive team of talented engineers who love the challenges of engineering and who see projects through from start to finish.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assemble mechanical products in accordance with drawings, specifications and build procedures.
• Use builds sheets to ensure times and processes of build are adhered to.
• Offer ideas and ways of improving the machine design/functionality/performance.
• Use our Material requirements planning system (factory master) to record time worked on each job.
• Fitters are responsible for the whole factory and not just their own current working area and should take responsibility for this along with the shop floor manager.
• Work to deadlines and changing priorities whilst maintaining a high standard.
• Work with the installation and commissioning engineers to assist with site installations/service visit as and when required.
• Consider health and safety at all times for both yourself and others especially when using machine tools, hand tools and lifting/handling equipment.
Skills and Qualities:
• Proven track record in mechanical fitting and assembly.
• Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills.
• Excellent problem solver, innovative and creative thinker.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, self-starting and highly organized with the ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to work on a variety of projects of varying duration.
• Adaptable to change, resilient, with a dynamic approach and ability to challenge the norm.
• Familiar with quality within projects ideally worked with ISO standards.
• Understanding of Health and Safety at work.
• Broad fitting and/or assembly engineering background.
If this sounds like the role for you please send your CV with supporting statement.