Ridgway Machines is a world leading engineering company serving industries including aerospace, aviation, automotive, rail, energy, oil and gas.
To help us move forward we are looking to appoint a Sales Engineer to join our sales team. The right person will be self-motivated, highly organised and someone who loves a challenge. Ideally you will come from sales administrator background with a keen interest in engineering and problem-solving.
The role of Sales Engineer will provide vital support to the sales team ensuring the smooth running of all administration within the sales office. The Sales Engineer will work closely with the sales team, handling and execution of sales enquiries for the complete Ridgway Machines product range including spare parts, involving all aspects from initial customer contact through to order placement.
An excellent problem-solving ability which can be adapted to apply to technical issues and sales to help drive sales and generate revenue whilst also providing excellent sales administrative support maintaining high levels of accuracy.
Ridgway Machines are looking for a Sales Engineer to join us at our factory in Leicester, UK. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress their career and really stamp their mark on this new role:
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Respond to customer’s requests promptly in a professional manner
• Manage order related administration from initial enquiry to invoicing
• Own all order related issues to the satisfaction of the customer and the business
• Understand the range of products available to provide best solution to customer
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all customers
• Understand our MRP database (Factory Master) to record all activities
• Work to sales targets with an aim to exceed
• Create and keep up to date lists of parts
• Support sales and marketing initiatives
• Provide overall administrative support to the sales team
• Undertake any activities not included in this job description which are deemed reasonable to meet business needs
Skills and Qualities:
• Customer focused and positive approach to work, always looking to help the customer solve their problem.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills
• Keen interest in Engineering and problem solving
• Spares / Product Sales Experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Project Management – planning and organisation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadline
• Flexible Team Player
• Good PC and software skills
If this sounds like the role for you please send your CV with supporting statement.