Ridgway Machines Ltd are an innovative world leader in providing expert engineering solutions to the electrical and energy industries and are currently seeking an ambitious and industrious individual to join their team as Production Manager.
Ridgway Machines Ltd are expanding and growing their team and as Production Manager you will oversee and manage the assembly of products to ensure on time, on budget delivery to a standard of excellence whilst managing the production team including Mechanical Fitters and Warehouse Operatives.
The successful Production Manager will be from a Mechanical / Electrical Engineering background and have a proven track record in managing engineering projects to the highest quality and H&S standards.
• Oversee fitting operation to ensure mechanical products are assembled in accordance with drawings, specifications and build procedures.
• Oversee any Modifications – Encourage and motivate the Fitting team to offer ideas/innovative ways of improving the machine design/functionality/performance, and to challenge the norm.
• Oversee the Manufacture of bespoke parts.
• Work to deadlines and changing priorities whilst maintaining a high standard.
• Managing Systems – Ensure all Fitters are trained to use the Factory Master System to capture and record time worked on each job.
• Ensure that the factory lay out plan is completed in advance of machine and equipment delivery.
• Consider Health and Safety at all times. Ensure that the factory is a clean, safe and a non-hazardous environment by ensuring a high standard of housekeeping.
• Monitor quality and ensure that all areas meet Ridgway standards and are in line with quality assurance sheets and QA standards.
• Work with and support other departments – Maintain good working relationships with Design, Sales, Purchasing and Finance involving them in any relevant issues.
• Where required, carry out training for others within the company to enable continued development and education.
• Ensure training has been received for all machines and tooling equipment, keeping an up to date visible skills matrix.
• People Management – Effectively manage, train and engage all direct reports with support from HR.
Key Competencies and Experience:
• Experience of managing, motivating and developing a team.
• Proven track record in mechanical fitting and assembly.
• Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills.
• Excellent problem solver, innovative and creative thinker.
• Self-motivated, self-starting and highly organized with the ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to work on a variety of projects of varying duration.
• Adaptable to change, resilient, with a dynamic approach and ability to challenge the norm.
• Familiar with quality within projects ideally worked with ISO standards.
• Understanding of Health and Safety at work.
• Experience of lean manufacturing.
• Experience in Continuous Improvement Methodology.
Qualifications and Specific Technical Skills:
• Broad fitting and/or assembly engineering background.
• HNC in mechanical and/or electrical engineering.
If this sounds like the right role for you please send your CV with supporting statement.