We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer / Manager to join our team to deliver design and engineering support activities within Ridgway. Ideally the candidate will take over the management of the design office. Progression to Director level is possible for the right candidate.
This is a key position reporting to the Managing Director.
• Broad Engineering knowledge, which is confidently and credibly delivered at all times.
• Ownership of all engineering problems to full resolution.
• Able to grasp Ridgway engineering concepts quickly in order to hit the ground running.
• Ability to work under pressure delivering multiple engineering projects at different stages.
• Proven track record in managing engineering projects – delivering on time, within budget and meeting customer expectations.
• Hands on and able to build credible relationships with Sales, Production and Installation & Commissioning.
• Excellent problem solver, decisive and creative thinker.
• Self-motivated, self-starting and highly organized with the ability to work unsupervised.
• Motivational leader, with experience of managing, coaching and developing high performing teams.
• Clear, concise and consistent communicator. Reliable, open and transparent style, with ability to build honest and trustful relationships quickly.
• Adaptable to change, resilient, with a dynamic approach and ability to challenge the norm.
• A commercial mind-set that understands the true meaning of customer service.
• Familiar with Quality and H&S ideally worked with ISO and standards.
• Occasional travel UK/International, full clean driving licence and international passport required.
Key activities and qualities to include:-
• Machinery design including detail and assembly drawings
• Design machinery ‘fit for purpose’ / to meet specifications
• Working within budgets
• Commercial awareness
• Understand quality requirements and the implications
• Specification writing, manuals, BOM’s, etc.
• Machinery design calculations
• CE marking / Health and Safety compliance
• Manage the design activities and personnel
• Project management if required
• On time delivery of designs and projects
• Meeting suppliers
• Control research and development activities
• Working with Sales team / meeting customers both at Ridgway and at customer premises (not always in the UK)
• Working with purchasing department, production and the shopfloor
• Lead by example
Desirable but not compulsory skills:-
• Controls engineering knowledge would be an advantage but not a requirement
• Estimating would be an advantage but not a requirement
Qualifications / specific skills:-
• Qualified Mechanical Engineer/Bsc/BEng/Msc or knowledge that can be demonstrated through works experience
• MS Project and high level of IT Literacy
• Broad engineering background ideally gained in special purpose machinery, turnkey engineering solutions or bespoke engineering machinery
• Fully compliant and experienced in 3 D / Cad packages, ideally Solidworks
• MRP Systems exposure
• Commercial and operational exposure gained in an SME environment
Please apply online with CV and covering letter.