Ridgway Machine Ltd are an innovative world leader in providing expert engineering solutions to the electrical and energy industries and are currently seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic individual to join their team as an Installation and Commissioning Engineer.
Ridgway Machines Ltd are expanding and growing their team and as an Installation and Commissioning Engineer, you will be an integral part of our Service team in providing commissioning activities for a variety of large projects all around the globe.
This role would suit a self-motivated and highly organised person who enjoys being part of a team but has the ability to work unsupervised. As the role involves training customers throughout the globe the right person will also have excellent communication skills and enjoy travelling.
• Installation & Commissioning of the range of Ridgway Machinery throughout the world
• All aspects of mechanical engineering including pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical fitting and machining parts both in house and throughout the world
• Inspection and testing machines to the highest standards
• Training of customer personnel
• Sound understanding of controls and instrumentation (including pneumatics)
• Preparation of appropriate documentation including inspection documentation, test plans, test reports, site reports and manuals
• Input to, and work in accordance with, the overall production schedule to ensure customer deliveries are met
• Dismantling of finished machines at Ridgway
• Industrial electrical wiring
• Installation and updating of control software
• Post installation Support
• Work with and support other departments to enable continued product quality and development and customer support
• Work closely with the Engineering Team to ensure products conform to appropriate technical standards & directives
• Provide training within the company
• Health and safety control and responsibility
Key Competencies and Experience:
• Ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
• Excellent communicator with strong written, verbal and visual communication style.
• Creative problem solving approach.
• Self-motivated, self-starting and highly organized with the ability to work unsupervised.
• Innovative, creative thinker with the ability to input into the design of bespoke turnkey solutions and standard products.
• Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects of varying duration.
• Adaptable to change, with a dynamic approach, think on feet and challenge the norm.
• Experience in quality documentation and procedures, ideally worked with ISO standards.
• Good understanding of essential H&S Management
• Commercially aware with ability to liaise with customers regarding requirements and continuous improvement.
• Proven track record of working under pressure to deliver quality work at pace.
• Ideally experience of delegating and managing work.
• Ability to travel internationally on a frequent basis.
• Ensure products are specified and integrated to provide ease of use and maintenance for all users, including documentation and training manuals/instructions
• Assist the production and sales of technical advice for special machines
• Documenting technical processes.
• Understanding the quality, cost and delivery implications of different technical solutions and guide our project team and our clients to the optimum solution for their situation.
Qualifications and Specific Technical Skills:
It is essential all Installation Engineers have excellent interpersonal, leadership and managerial skills. Also beneficial is to be commercially aware and capable of working well under pressure within a team environment. Relevant technical expertise (for example, test, design, development and operations experience) is of particular importance, as are good IT and analytical skills. Foreign language skills can also prove advantageous.
• ONC/HNC or equivalent degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering
• Understanding of electrical, pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
• Experience and understanding of PLC based software systems and diagnostics.
• Overseas travel experience necessary, including installation, training and technical support.
• Product Knowledge and previous background in similar industry is ideal.
• Sound understanding of mechanical engineering principals
If this sounds like the right role for you please send your CV with supporting statement.